The football season has now concluded. Liverpool have managed to clinch Champions League football with an encouraging end to the season. The fact that they have managed to finish in the top four has not only gotten them more prize money, but it has also kept them highly attractive in the transfer window. That being said, there is one player who has been on the radar of most Liverpool fans for two seasons running, Mbappé.
However, is he on the radar of the club or not, we will only know if we see him signed up and in a Liverpool jersey. Now, yes Edwards and the team will do their own homework, however, here is why we think Mbappé joining Liverpool is less complicated than we think.
Well, there is loads of talk and hope around the Liverpool fan base of them making a marquee signing to stamp their authority while they are ahead of the pack. One such signing that they surely want is that of Mbappé. It is seeming tough and unlikely, however, there are eight compelling reasons that this is actually possible. Those nine reasons are as follows:
1. They can actually afford his wages with so many players expected to leave the club. We can expect a total of £395,000 pounds on the wage bill reduced this summer. This is based on the wages stated on Sportezk. We can expect Divock Origi (£60,000), Harry Wilson (£60,000), Xherdan Shaqiri (£80,000), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (£75,000), Loris Karius (£25,000), Marko Grujic (£85,000), and Ben Woodburn (£10,000) to all leave and reduce the wage bill a little.
Kylian Mbappe’s Nike connection could give Liverpool a boost in two ways
2. The fact that Liverpool and Mbappé both are sponsored by Nike gives them huge global appeal. Given the contract between Nike and Liverpool where Liverpool get 20% of all jersey sales, we could see both the brand and Liverpool make a lot of money through jersey sales. Hence, this deal will be beneficial for both given the international appeal that Liverpool already has!
3. Mike Edwards is known to structure crazy deals that can see Liverpool sign almost anyone. If he can manage to put down a deal that sees us pay the transfer fee in installments like we are for Diogo Jota and Thiago Alcantara, then we should be able to afford the money with ease. We pay as we amortise the amounts across the contract period that we offer Mbappe!
4. Given that the Liverpool owners, FSG, look at investments all the time, Mbappé can certainly be sold in the future at the age of 27/28 once his contract nears completion. This helps them recover a lot of their investments.
5. Jurgen Klopp and Mbappé are both admirers of each other. They have publicly mentioned that in interviews and there is nothing that proves that they won’t be a great fit. We can only hope that Klopp gets a player of this stature, but only time will tell.
6. LeBron James and Mbappé are great friends and both sponsored by Nike. This could be a great deal for the brand to have them push their brand value through the roof. Imagine the face of Basketball and Football both being connected to FSG and Liverpool. It could be marketing magic!
7. Real Madrid aren’t as attractive because most top players are past their prime. Madrid does have some great players, no doubt, but they are nowhere near the levels that they reached two to three seasons ago. In addition to that, with Zidane having left Real Madrid again, there are chances that Mbappé might be less attracted to Madrid. However, there is a potential that Zidane might take up the vacation position at PSG, if Pochettino does leave, which could see Mbappé sign an extension.
8. Liverpool No. 7 jersey – James Milner should gladly hand over to Mbappé if he signs for us. he has always been a team player and there is no reason he would not willingly hand over this jersey to Kylian.
9. Liverpool has multiple players who can speak French. Yes, Mbappé speaks fluent English, but knowing that there are players who speak his native language will help him settle a little better. We can hope that the signing of Ibrahima Konate in addition to Joel Matip, Fabinho, Naby Keita, and Sadio Mané who all speak fluent French might just help our cause.
So if you ask me, yes Liverpool can afford to sign Mbappé. The puzzle pieces are here, a few of those need to come together for Liverpool to make the signing of the century that should see them stay on their perch for a few more years.
Want your voice heard? Join the Rush The Kop team!Write for us!
So, if you ask me these nine reasons are enough, for Liverpool to sign him up. We can hopefully expect to have a starting line-up of Mbappé; Mane-Firmino-Salah; Fabhino-Thiago; Robertson-VVD-Konate-Trent; Alisson next season.
If you want to know more about these details, you can read in detail whether Liverpool can afford Mbappé here.