It’s Monday which means we have some more transfer news to share with you as Liverpool continue to negotiate with Southampton over Romeo Lavia and more news around the world. Let’s get into it!
ROMEO LAVIA (SOUTHAMPTON) – This has become the dragged out transfer saga of the summer for Liverpool as their first two bids for the talented young Belgian have been rejected. The club are contemplating a third bid that should come close to £45 million.
The Saints believe Lavia is the best young No. 6 in the world, and have been firm in their position of seeking £50 million. With the season fast approaching, the Reds need to make a decision one way or another here.
GABRI VEIGA (CELTA VIGO) – Veiga was a hot name early in the summer before falling into the shadows only to be reignited when it was said Liverpool spoke with current Celta boss Rafa Benitez over a move.
The discussion was around a Naby Keita type deal that would see Veiga stay in Spain for a year. However, Napoli have now come in with a €30 million bid that was rejected. Celta want €40 million.
The Italian champions do not seem put off and will likely come back with an improved offer.
ANDRE TRINDADE (FLUMINESE) – Andre has become the second longest transfer saga this summer after Lavia. He is currently in the middle of his season with the Brazilian outfit, including the Copa Libertadores.
He was originally valued around 20-£25 million before Fluminese upped it to closer to £35 million. A lot could ride on if they advance to the next round of the Libertadores as the Brazilian transfer window closes on Aug. 13th and they would be in a race against time to find an Andre replacement.
This could happen this week or it could be put on hold until January. Hopefully it’s the former.
THIAGO (LIVERPOOL) –There have been recent reports that the most senior midfielder remaining at Anfield could also be on the way out as he enters the last year of his contract. La Liga outfit Sevilla showed an interest but wavered at his salary demands.
It’s looking like the Spaniard will play out his contract with Liverpool and go on a free next summer.
MO SALAH (LIVERPOOL) –We did not expect to write the Egyptian King’s name in this section but such is the financial might of the Saudi Pro League. Al-Ittihad, the same side that purchased Fabinho, offered €60 million to the Reds and €180 million over 2-years to Salah.
Salah’s agent came out and said he is focused on Liverpool and won’t be leaving. We also think it’s unlikely the Reds let their talisman depart a week before the season begins.
The clock is counting down with each passing day as it has been over a month since Liverpool brought in a new face. They need multiple but are struggling to get their top target in first. Come back next week for any new developments.