Ranking the five most impactful Liverpool players of the Klopp era

Sadly, there's not much left for Liverpool to play for this season, leaving us to simply reflect upon the Klopp era and its legends.
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - Premier League
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - Premier League / Laurence Griffiths/GettyImages
1 of 4

The Jürgen Klopp era at Liverpool has all but concluded, with the team's title chase reduced to nothing more than a pipe dream.

There's not much of a reason to really focus on the football from here on out, so it's time to take a moment to enjoy the memories of a magical nine-year run under the club's most lovable gaffer.

Klopp didn't inherit a particularly special team. He had to bring in talent to make his vision a reality, and most of the key players during Liverpool's title runs were ones brought in during his tenure. Let's talk about which ones were the most responsible for the successes Liverpool had during the Klopp era.

Honorable Mentions

These players don't quite make the cut, but the Klopp era would not have been the same without them.

The first and foremost is Sadio Mané, who was always second fiddle to Salah in terms of Liverpool's wing-based attack, but won a Premier League Golden Boot of his own, and provided enormous goals on some of the biggest stages.

Steady veterans like captain Jordan Henderson and the tremendously versatile James Milner also deserve their flowers; it wasn't always highlight-worthy, but these two gave everything they could to help Liverpool get to the top.

Even Fabinho deserves a mention- at his best, he was a world-class defensive midfielder, fired in some iconic goals, and even slid back to centre-back when needed.

Philippe Coutinho wasn't around for much of the Klopp era, but he was one of the best players managed by the German boss, and in terms of influence, his tremendous transfer fee helped Liverpool haul in some genuine club legends.

He even nearly gave Liverpool a shot at a Premier League title at the end of the 2021-22 season as a member of Aston Villa, and will certainly be remembered fondly for his efforts.

Lastly, there's the man who needs absolutely no introduction; Divock Origi, who spent approximately 98% of his Liverpool tenure doing absolutely nothing, and the other 2% becoming an unforgettable cult hero- a club legend, dare I say.

Origi was the most super of all of the subs, providing vital off-the-bench goals, most memorably a bizarre match winner against Everton, and the game-sealing strike in the UCL final against Tottenham.

And of course, he scored the opener that kicked off Liverpool's comeback against Barcelona before tucking away the tie-winner from an extremely quickly-taken corner kick.