Liverpool stormed through to the knockout stages of the Champions League as they beat Red Bull Salzburg 2-0. Here are the LFC player ratings.
Liverpool are still the team to beat in the Champions League. The Reds booked their place in the last 16 tonight by beating Red Bull Salzburg in a 2-0 dominate performance. The win ensures they will qualify as group leaders and be seeded for the knockout stage draw.
Jurgen Klopp made three changes from the side that beat AFC Bournemouth on Saturday in the Premier League. Trent Alexander-Arnold came in at right back with Joe Gomez heading to the bench after Dejan Lovren was declared fit.
More from Rush The Kop
- Liverpool 0-1 Atletico: Head are in hands because of Mohamed Salah decision
- Liverpool stymied by Simeone and Atletico in Madrid
- Fuming! Liverpool fans are mad at lack of precision in one key area
- Liverpool 0-1 Atletico player ratings: Sadio Mane a headless chicken
- 1-1,1-1,1-0, 2-1: Reliving past encounters between Liverpool and Atletico Madrid
The game began at a lightning pace with both teams creating and missing chances, making mistakes and seeking to gain the upper hand. However the sides went in at half time goalless.
The second half saw the Reds assert their domination as they bagged the goals they needed to progress. Naby Keita made it two goals in two starts as he nodded in Mane’s cross for the opener. Mohamed Salah wrapped it up with a special finish from a tight angle with 20 minutes left. A tired Salzburg had little to fight back and a second clean sheet in a row meant it was mission accomplished.