Liverpool beat Norwich 1-0 thanks to a Sadio Mane goal, but this filthy touch from Roberto Firmino has got supporters purring.
Henderson picked the ball up inside the Liverpool box, looked up and stopped Bobby making a run from the inside-left channel towards the penalty spot. He was tracked by two Norwich defenders, who looked to be all at sea as the football dropped towards Firmino.
More from Rush The Kop
- List of Liverpool Players Called Up For International Duty
- “Here we go!”: Fabrizio Romano confirms Liverpool deadline day loan move for Arthur Melo
- Liverpool v. Bournemouth – Premier League Match Preview
- “I’m sure they have their eyes on a midfielder”: Paul Ince predicts deadline day move for midfielder
- Liverpool’s Champions League group breakdown: Dutch champions, a familiar face and first time foes
With his back to goal, the forward controlled the ball with his right foot in a flicking motion that allowed the Brazilian to swivel on his standing foot and attempt a volley with his left.
But as the Firmino was attempting his spectacular effort, the Canaries defenders recovered in time and nicked the ball away from the Liverpool star at the last moment.
It was a fine effort and showed the perfect technique of the forward. He may not have scored, but the type of run and the effort was an illuminating example of what Liverpool have got on their hands.
Henderson’s contribution can’t be overlooked either. During the win over Norwich he played a number of excellent passes that enabled Jurgen Klopp’s side to attack quickly and directly.
This was a game that displayed some of the finer attributes of squad members. Alisson pulled off an inspired stop when the score was 0-0 to keep Liverpool in the game, Hendo pulled the strings and assisted for Mane and the Senegal forward came off the bench to have the final say.
It’s all building up nicely towards the big Champions League showdown against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night.